Yes, you can. The good news is you can sign up and use our services for one off contracts even if you have a limited company. Just remember that you will have to declare all of your income on your self-assessment tax return at the end of the tax year.
What is an Umbrella Payroll Company?
An Umbrella Payroll Company acts as an employer to contractors and freelances who usually work under temporary contracts. In simple terms, an Umbrella Payroll Company enables you to have the freedom of contracting and be paid without having to incur the cost and responsibility of setting up and running your own limited company. Joining is safe, reliable and fully HMRC-compliant. We deal on your behalf, with all Income Tax and National Insurance calculations, invoicing, expenses etc.
We will provide you with the following:
- An overarching employment contract, which entitles you to full statutory employment rights
- Automatic cover through our insurance policies for professional indemnity and both employer’s and public liability
- We raise invoices to your agency from the time sheets you provide us
- Relationships based on trust and credibility established with your client/agency so that we can collect your money promptly and so reduce the possibility of overdue payments to you
- Ensuring that your expense claims comply with HMRC regulations. We then deduct allowable, legitimate expenses from your gross pay, thus increasing your net take-home pay
- Processing the payments received from clients/agencies, ensuring that the correct income tax and both employer’s and employee’s NICs are deducted in line with HMRC legislation
- No administrative burden associated with running your own Limited Company
- Completion and submission of comprehensive VAT and Tax computations to HMRC on your behalf and payment of all sums due
- Liaison with HMRC and all statutory bodies on your behalf to ensure that we are always fully compliant with the latest legislation and regulations
- A fixed fee to us only when you work, there are no hidden charges